It has been a long road trying everything but Leechs(eww)
So The Chiari Institute called they want me to come up 10/01/2012 yes next Monday!!
I am excited, apprehensive, scared, nervous, happy, elated, strong, weak, confused. They are doing a consultation for which BJ and I have to fly to New York.When we are there we are expecting to visit with a nurse practitioner followed by a Neurosurgeon. Te Neurosurgeon will either accept me as a surgical candidate or not. The options are conservative treatment i.e. what were doing, or spinal decompression.
If I am scheduled for a spinal decompression, that will probably take place right away while I am there. That is a process where they enter at the base of your skull and take a piece of your Occipital bone, not enough that your cerebellum would fall. If that is the plan and I pray that it is, for we have tried so much else.
So that is what is happening in the next two weeks! A Consultation. A long awaited Consultation. That in itself is amazing. We have a million thing to do before we go, kids, dog, bills, flights, pack, breathe, you know the normal things.
I hope you are all well!!! I truly do. you have been amazing!