Good Day ~
Sorry for the delay, the world decided it was going to spin a bit faster than before. I so dislike it when it does that. I have been home now for 28 days. Each day has been an adventure. It started with coming home to my dining room made into a beautiful space with my hospital bed, bedside friend and a place to keep my regimen of medicine. I had Occupational Therapy three times a week for up to 1 1/2 hours and the physical therapy three times a week for an additional 1 1/2 hours. I also had the social worker come by twice, the nurse has been once, but she is coming back because of a small wound. Let’s see Christmas was in there and My son’s birthday, My daughter’s birthday, My birthday whew! I have made it out of the house four times now each is hard on the body, a bit scary and well….. we went once to Debbie’s to shower, once for Christmas, once with my husband for a short time to look at gifts, and once for my daughter’s birthday celebration at grandma’s.
I thought it would be easier being at home, but it is actually harder. Things that were done in the back of the scenes at the hospital are right up front now and accomplishing them is an undertaking. Watching my family work so hard to take care of the house kids and me is tough. but after the hard fall trying to help, I am resolved to trust that God is filling them up as they give out so much, unconditionally. – Oh this is the best, I cannot make it up my steps to the bedroom, of course – so BJ sleeps on the couch across from my bed. I love him beyond words! Okay I promised an update, again thank you for your patience.
- Facts: Right arm still just as bad – Way too much pain! (New) – my upper deltoid is staying hot and my lower deltoid and forearm are still ice-cold.
- Right Leg: Still no feeling from the knee down – no pulse to find unless you use a doppler. A couple of bruises due to my adventures with free-falling:) (I do not recommend~ unless you really are wanting to pull the “I’ve Fallen and I can’t get up” I understand now and I really do not recommend) the foot has reduced some swelling I believe due to elevation and use of T.E.D.Hose. I have actually become weaker in the last week due to an infection so my transfers are more sliding and ooching than the stand and pivot maneuver, I am working on that.
- Everything else: I sleep a lot due to wearing out. I get up, get dressed go to the bathroom and brushing my teeth -by then I am ready for a nap!
- My left leg has started to give me some trouble, first I have to ice the tendonitis on my left knee several times a day even after sleeping 14 hours it hurts to move, the ends of my toes don’t have feeling and I need pressure on the bottom of my foot to feel it. I am weak, but still fighting the good fight. I keep the word open daily. I am not using the platform walker until I get stronger again, it might only cause more injury.
BJ and I are planning for the upcoming week, all the logistics with me and the children. I will be home then the children will return from school, then we play read and such until BJ gets home from work.
I AM SO EVER GRATEFUL FOR THOSE WHO HAVE JOINED THE MEAL TRAIN! KNOWING I AM UNABLE TO COOK IN THE KITCHEN AS WELL AS GIVING BJ A BREAK INSTEAD OF GETTING HOME TO A HUNGRY FAMILY AND MAKING DINNER. TO YOU WHO HAVE MADE THIS HAPPEN – GOD BLESS YOU, GOD BLESS YOU!
Happy New Year 2012
Here is to an amazing 2012 with new solutions to Syringomyelia!!
May we also think and ponder, celebrate that 2012 has the ability to
- more people finding God who loves them and has been waiting
- prayer continue to be so powerful!
- May we read
- try new things
- love big
- find our dreams
- laugh out loud
- reach out a helping hand
- ~Make it Amazing~with new solutions to the big fuss
- May those who are wandering find their place
- may each child and adult learn something new each day!!!
I have so much to say but I am getting tired, typing with only my left hand – you should see my handwriting! If you are close please come by and visit 9-2:30 I would love a good conversation and a cup of tea. Thank you for listening, not my normal blog thought lately, but honest non the less.